Friday surprise from Microsoft, XML Notepad has rewritten in .net framework 2.0 from C++. It seems that the team did a great job. And best part is it will be available on Codeplex as a community project.
Here are the features that I liked at first view
- Open source
- Comes with source code, samples (look at the directory you’ve installed)
- Very simple user interface
- Intellisense support based on XSD.
- Great navigation and adding of XML objects (like element, attribute, comment) simply by providing before and after points.
- Copy cut paste XML objects
- Find feature is also nice, it is possible to use regular expressions or Xpath language.
- XSL Output after the XSLT transformation.
- Error list similar faÃ§on of Visual Studio
You can try and download XML Notepad 2.0